eAlim is designed specifically for youth and adults who have the zeal to benefit from the Holy Quran and achieve mastery in Arabic while learning foundational Islamic law. This program will benefit those students who want to learn to understand the Quran, but are unable to attend, or have no access to, a traditional Islamic university campus.
Why Choose eAlim?
- Live Classes - Live classes are held four days a week (Monday – Thursday) which creates a class environment and gives students the ability to learn directly from the teacher, and ask questions about course material in real time.
- Flexibility - All live classes are recorded and are available 24/7 for those students who are unable to attend the live class sessions, or for review purposes.
- Support – Students who are unable to attend live lectures and have questions or need additional help can correspond with teachers via e-mail.
- Convenience - Students can access lectures and course materials online from anywhere, allowing students to study around work and family commitments.
- Community - eAlim is not an individual effort, rather it is an extension of the largest Islamic institute in North-America, Darul-Uloom Al-Madania.
- Qualified Teachers - All teachers are qualified scholars and have received Ijaza from their teachers.
- Access - Be connected to the community of Ulama and never feel lost when comes to any matter of Deen.
- Authentic Knowledge – The program is supervised by scholars who have been teaching the Islamic sciences for over three decades and have trained many Imams and scholars throughout
How Does It Work?
- Each academic year consists of 2 semesters.
- Classes are held four days per week (Monday – Thursday) for approximately 2 – 2 ½ hours each day.
- Classes are audio only (no video).
- All course materials are provided in electronic format to students.
- Classes are interactive. Teachers communicate with students by real time audio lecture and students respond in real time through a chat box which appears on each student’s screen. This allows the teacher to question students individually to personalize the learning environment, making the learning process simple and fun.
- For each class, course materials are visible on the student’s screen. Teachers have the ability to point to relevant parts of the text and even write notes on the screen. Thus, students are able to hear the teacher, see the book on their screen, and follow the lesson.
Final exams are held online at the end of each semester. Upon successful completion of both semesters, students advance to the next year.
What Should I Expect From This Program?
During two years, students focus primarily on Arabic grammar, morphology, and syntax to facilitate understanding the language and grammar of the Holy Quran. Additionally, students learn Tajweed, basic beliefs, as well as basic principles of Fiqh.
Primary course material is included with tuition. All participants will receive electronic versions of the primary texts so that they can interact and follow along with the teacher. Participants will also have the option to purchase physical copies from Darul Hikmah bookstore if they choose.
Students are also provided supplementary audio material and reliable source books to make each subject understandable and easy. Special additional materials have also been prepared regarding contemporary issues that the Ummah needs at present.